Making the right decision when choosing a Washington State drug rehab facility can mean the difference between relapse and sober living. It really is that important. While most treatment programs begin with detox and end with behavioral counseling, there are many choices as to the types of treatment available today.
Is outpatient better than intensive inpatient therapy? What about partial hospitalization? How will you choose what is best for your unique situation? What are some of the factors to consider when deciding on Washington State drug rehab?
Types of Washington State Drug Rehab Facilities
The first step toward managing drug or alcohol treatment is the detoxification process. Allowing the body and mind to rid itself of harmful chemicals is called withdrawal. The withdrawal process is different for each individual as well as for different types of drug or alcohol addictions. Washington State drug rehab facilities provide clinical management of the withdrawal process, potentially providing medications that help ease the terrible symptoms the substance user may experience.
Managing withdrawal is only the first stage of treatment. Drug or alcohol rehab must also address the psychological addiction that comes from substance use. Clinical rehab facilities must also tackle the social, psychological, and behavioral issues tied to the addictive behaviors. Once the process of detoxification occurs, there are several types of treatment facilities from which to choose:
- Long-term residential treatment typically provides 24-hour care in a home-like setting for long-term care. These programs can last three, six, or 12-months, typically, and include the reintroduction of the newly clean and sober person back into the real world.
- Short-term residential treatment can last from three to six weeks, typically, and often are tied to 12-step or other behavioral therapeutic approaches. These treatments can occur after a medically-assisted detox in a hospital or other clinical environment.
- Outpatient treatment programs are low-intensity options that are lower cost than any of the other treatment options. Many times these treatments are simple education or counseling programs.
- Individual counseling programs are one-on-one therapeutic approaches that tackle a whole host of issues, from family counseling to employment, and much more. The goals for this type of treatment are to help the patient develop the tools they need to get well and maintain their sobriety.
- Group counseling is a good way to promote drug and alcohol-free lifestyles. That is why these sessions are often part of a long-term treatment strategy to keep people addiction-free, healthy, and productive members of society.
Choosing Washington State Drug Rehab
Knowing which treatment or which combinations of treatment modalities are right for you depends upon the length and severity of your addiction as well as your insurance or ability to pay. Insurance companies may not pay for residential treatment unless other lower-cost options have been explored first.
If the substance user ends up in the ER or at another clinical treatment facility, it is likely that the medical provider will make referrals to a Washington State drug rehab facility.
Another suggestion is to speak with one of our addiction therapists to help determine the best treatment plan for your unique situation. We are standing by to help. To learn more about admissions, contact us today.