Ambien Detox in Washington
Ambien is a popular sleep medication option that helps people who have chronic insomnia. This medication is not suitable for long-term use. Doctors know that if a patient has been taking it for more than a few weeks, the patient might develop a drug abuse issue or Ambien addiction. Most medical professionals offer this medication for only a limited amount of time and find an alternate therapy over time.
Unfortunately, many patients misuse Ambien by taking larger doses than recommended, and they often have no intention of falling asleep. The situation is particularly grim in America where people are taking more prescription drugs than ever. If a person is addicted to Ambien, a smart solution would be to opt for medically assisted detox to come off of this drug slowly and steadily.
Many detox programs, including those offered at The Recovery Village Ridgefield, can help a person cleanse their body of Ambien and manage withdrawal symptoms effectively. An Ambien detox program should offer a protective environment to a person that is free of alcohol and drugs. As a part of the program, a person may be offered medications that ease Ambien withdrawal symptoms.
As a part of Ambien detox protocol, a person should be monitored for mental health symptoms and the assistance of a mental health professional should be sought if needed. A person would also be monitored day and night by addiction experts and doctors.
Ambien Withdrawal Symptoms
The Ambien withdrawal symptoms or side effects from Ambien withdrawal start to show up within 48 hours after the last dose. Some of the common side effects from Ambien withdrawal are:
- Mood swings
- Cravings for Ambien
- Nausea or vomiting
- Abdominal cramps
- Panic attacks
- Rapid heart rate
- Breathing problems
When choosing an Ambien detox program, it is highly advised that a person opts for a program that includes Ambien withdrawal treatment. The process of Ambien withdrawal is usually hard on a patient. In such a case, staying at one place and communicating with the same staff members might help.
Ambien Detox in Washington
There are several types of Ambien withdrawal programs available in the Washington area. Some of them may include:
- Residential programs: In this option, a person undergoing Ambien withdrawal stays at a facility and attends various individual, family or group therapy sessions.
- Outpatient programs: In this type of program, a person attends the Ambien withdrawal treatment for a few hours a day and then returns home. Individual, family or group sessions are commonly offered to help with Ambien withdrawal.
- Individual psychotherapy: In this option, one or two sessions are planned with a therapist. This option is usually chosen by people who have completed the withdrawal process and Ambien withdrawal treatment but still want expert help.
There are many reasons a person should attend an accredited Ambien detox center or program in Washington state, including:
- Withdrawal can be dangerous to go through alone, especially if a person is living without family or friends nearby
- Setbacks are quite common for people who don’t go to Ambien detox centers
- Cravings for drugs like Ambien don’t respond well to home treatments in most cases
- The education regarding addiction offered at Ambien detox centers can help a person stay away from distress
Ambien Detox Timeline
The process of Ambien detox requires a person to be patient and be ready to deal with a lot of changes at once. The Ambien detox timeline is usually divided into several parts.
The Appearance of Ambien Detox Symptoms
The Ambien detox symptoms start to appear within 24-48 hours from the moment a person stops taking this drug. In most cases, the acute Ambien detox symptoms last for three to five days.
The Withdrawal Process
Complete withdrawal from Ambien usually needs one or two weeks. In some cases, however, a person might witness Ambien detox symptoms like insomnia or cravings for months after quitting the drug.
No Specific Schedule
Although for most people the Ambien withdrawal schedule is up to two weeks, there is no specific answer to the question of, “How long does it take to withdraw from Ambien?” The answer to how long does it take to withdraw from Ambien depends on various factors such as:
- For how long a person had been dependent on Ambien
- How much Ambien dosage they were taking
- Whether a person was on an extended-release version of Ambien
- Whether a person was splitting pills
- If a person was on other drugs too
If you or a loved one is dependent on Ambien, or in case you have more questions regarding the Ambien withdrawal schedule or the detox process, we encourage you to contact The Recovery Village Ridgefield.