Adderall Addiction Treatment & Rehab in Washington
Adderall is a medication used to treat attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), narcolepsy and Parkinson’s disease. This stimulant is part of a larger class of drugs called amphetamines that work by speeding up the activity of the central nervous system, increasing focus, energy and alertness.
While Adderall offers many medical benefits, it is also potentially addictive. Using Adderall releases chemicals called endorphins that elicit intense feelings of pleasure and euphoria. Over time, the body can become dependent on excessive amounts of these endorphins and need them to function properly.
While the initial effects of Adderall may be enjoyable, misuse can cause potentially dangerous side effects, including high heart rates, chest pain, vomiting and bleeding in the brain and addiction.
Professionals in a rehab center are best suited to managing Adderall addiction treatment. There, medical specialists can manage and monitor the symptoms experienced during withdrawal and formulate an individualized, comprehensive recovery plan.
There are several different methods of managing Adderall withdrawal symptoms and promoting long-term recovery. Adderall addiction treatment options typically include:
- Medical Detox: Professionals monitor physiological changes and help manage withdrawal symptoms.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: After detox is complete, clients learn new coping skills and techniques for managing cravings and understanding the roots of their addictions through individual and group therapy sessions.
- Aftercare: Medical professionals create a plan for sobriety that may involve support groups, outpatient treatment and continued therapy.
The unique needs of the individual must be taken into account when formulating a treatment plan for Adderall addiction.
Inpatient and Outpatient Adderall Addiction Treatment
Inpatient Adderall addiction treatment involves checking into a treatment center that is staffed by professionals who can monitor your health and well-being, formulate care plans and help you meet your treatment goals. Inpatient care at Adderall addiction treatment centers takes place in a controlled environment where you are unlikely to succumb to cravings that tend to arise during the detox process.
Outpatient Adderall addiction treatment involves taking part in classes, therapy and group sessions at a facility on a part-time basis. Outpatient treatment is typically recommended for those with mild addictions, or for individuals who have already completed an inpatient treatment program.
Adderall Addiction Treatment Centers in Washington
There are several factors to consider when selecting an Adderall addiction rehab facility, including:
- Treatment Options and Approaches: What type of treatment options does the rehab facility offer, and what is their approach to treating Adderall addiction? The resources and strategies that a facility provides are important when considering a rehab center.
- Environment: Often a change in environment can significantly contribute to the recovery process. While some people can benefit from receiving treatment outside their home town or state, others may find more success in their local community.
- Follow-Up Care: Recovery is a lifelong journey. To make sure you’re supported in the long-run, choose a rehab facility with a robust follow-up and aftercare program.
- Your Comfort: Perhaps the most important thing to consider when choosing an Adderall rehab facility is personal comfort. Undergoing treatment with compassionate staff you trust in a therapeutic environment can make all the difference in your recovery.
How Much Does Adderall Rehab Cost?
The cost of Adderall rehab can be a significant factor when planning to quit Adderall. However, the benefits of professional care make it an investment that could save a life. Because the cost of treatment can vary widely depending on the facility and type of care, it’s crucial that you contact any prospect facilities directly for information about treatment costs.
Does Insurance Cover Rehab for Adderall Addiction?
Often, insurance will cover most or all of the cost of inpatient and outpatient treatment for Adderall addiction. However, coverage can vary widely depending on your particular insurance carrier and plan. Specific rehab centers can provide a list of which insurances they accept and give information about the coverage that these insurances provide. Even if your insurance does not fully cover your rehab, the rehab facility may be able to provide you with a flexible payment plan to cover any additional costs.
The Recovery Village Ridgefield has skilled and compassionate experts who are dedicated to helping you begin your recovery. If you would like to learn more about Adderall addiction treatment and the financial options available at our center, contact the Recovery Village Ridgefield. Our team can help you understand your financial options and begin the enrollment process for comprehensive addiction treatment.
Medscape.com. “Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine.” October 2018. Accessed March 8th, 2019.
National Institute on Drug Abuse. “What are prescription stimulants?” June 2018. Accessed March 11, 2019.
O’Mally, Gerald F. & O’Mally, Rika. “Amphetamines.” Merck Manuals. March 2018. Accessed March 8th, 2019.Medical Disclaimer: The Recovery Village aims to improve the quality of life for people struggling with a substance use or mental health disorder with fact-based content about the nature of behavioral health conditions, treatment options and their related outcomes. We publish material that is researched, cited, edited and reviewed by licensed medical professionals. The information we provide is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider.